• Offsite immunizations for individuals, businesses and organizations. These include vaccines against flu (influenza), pneumonia (pneumococcal), Td (tetanus and diphtheria), Shingles (Herpes Zoster) and others.
• Compounding – sterile and non-sterile compounding service available. Service is provided by an affiliate. Most compounded medications can be delivered next day. Please ask us for more details.
• Medication Therapy Management (MTM) – unique free at-home review of medications by our pharmacist and staff to check for correct therapy, any potential interactions with other prescription medications or over the counter drugs and supplements,advice and tips on how to take and recommendation of appropriate adherence pill boxes or “bubble” packaging. This is ideal for patients on complex, multi-drug therapies or those who are in transitional care from the hospital to the home.
• Medication Synchronization – tired of making multiple trips each week or month to your current pharmacy. We can synchronize all your medications so that they can be picked up or delivered just once a month. This is free and does not affect your insurance premiums. Suitable for anyone taking more than 2 maintenance medications.
• Specialty Drugs – These drugs are regarded as costly and for rare chronic diseases. They often are BIOLOGICS -”drugs derived from living cells”. Our special relationship with one of the nation’s leading distributors enables us to meet the supply needs and provides fast processing.We provide prior authorization forms and order forms online. Financial and co-pay assistance is available too. After hand-delivering the medication, we schedule time with the patient to educate them about the drug and teach any techniques relevant to administration. We will provide additional support using printed material or videos, and introduce them to local support groups or national charities.As part of our monitoring program, the patient agrees to be contacted via our video messaging app. This can be later accessed and shared with physicians.
• 340b program is the Federal program, created in 1992, to require drug manufacturers to provide out-patient drugs to eligible healthcare organizations at significantly reduced costs and to reach more of the vulnerable patient population. Healthcite Pharmacy welcomes the opportunity to contract with entities in the Bradenton/Sarasota area. With an extensive delivery area, targeted population health and full-service we can help expand more clinical services for your eligible patients.
• Collaborative Practice Agreements – This is a formal agreement with a physician and a pharmacy to allow the pharmacist to autonomously provide expanded services under specified situations and conditions. A prime example is immunizations. Other examples – smoking cessation clinics, glucose monitoring and reporting, adding a 30-day refill for emergency cases.
• Pharmacogenomics testing – This relatively new field combines pharmacology (the science of drugs) and genomics (the study of genes and their functions) to develop effective, safe medications and doses that will be tailored to a person’s genetic makeup. This